Ordering the Test
- Order the Red Drop TK Test on-line by clicking on any of the “Get The Test” links or Tab at the top of the web page at www.reddrop.com. There is no need for a doctor’s prescription to order the test. The test is $199.95 plus $35.00 for shipping and handling. This is allowed under direct access testing in most States.
- When you order the test, you will be asked to create an account. Your email address will be used as your unique USER ID and will be the primary method by which we contact you. Two or more people may not share an account or use the same email address for two different accounts for privacy reasons.
- After completing the order, if you log in to your account at www.reddrop.com from the tab at the top, you will be taken to a screen for My Information showing that you have one test pending. This can take several minutes to appear after ordering. Be patient and refresh your browser. After a period of time, if no test appears on your My Results page, please click here to email us and let us know. We will respond promptly.
- The Red Drop TK Test – Home Test Kit will be mailed to your house by FEDEX Ground and should arrive within 3-5 days. Open the test kit and strictly follow the instructions included in the kit. If you would like to check on the status of your order, please send us an email here.
- Each TK Test Kit is pre-barcoded to a specific person and will be labeled accordingly. If two people order from the same house, please ensure that each person uses their own test kit to avoid results being mixed up.
Preparation for Having Your Blood Drawn
- Identify a location to have your blood drawn in your local area. En Garde Labs has some locations on their website at www.en-garde.com which you can view. You may try your friendly doctor or nurse or local urgent care facility. The location will have to be able to draw blood, spin the sample to separate the serum, and draw off the serum to a serum tube which is provided in the kit. If you have any questions, or need En Garde to help you validate a location, please call +1 801-607-5096 during business hours.
- The day before you have your blood drawn, place the freezer gel packs included in the kit in your freezer to allow them adequate time to freeze thoroughly and solidly.
- There is no need to fast or special instructions prior to taking the blood test, however you should avoid a heavy, fatty meal before the test, as excess lipids in the blood can affect the TK results slightly.
- When you go to have your blood drawn, take the freezer gel packs out and insert them into the shipping box to keep them frozen. Take the kit with you to the blood draw location.
- Detailed instructions for how to draw the blood, centrifuge, and separate the serum will be included in the kit, which you can hand to the person drawing the blood for you.
- When they are finished processing your blood, they will hand you back a biohazard bag with your serum sample inside. This should be sealed and your test requisition form placed in the pouch on the back of the biohazard bag.
- Place the biohazard bag containing your sample underneath the two gel packs in the thermal shipping box.
- Seal the box and place the Return Shipping Label on the outside of the box. You can call Fedex for a pickup, or drop off at one of their locations. You can only ship from Monday to Thursday. It has to arrive in our labs between Tuesday and Friday.
- If there is any delay in getting the package shipped the same day or you have your blood drawn on Friday or Saturday, place the gel packs and the biohazard bag in your freezer until you are ready to ship.
- In any case, always keep the biohazard bag and sample refrigerated or frozen. Heat will destroy the active TK in the sample. Make sure the sample is sent back to our labs overnight mail.
Getting Your Results
- When your blood sample is received, it will be consolidated with other samples and sent to Sweden for processing. Given the 2-3 days shipping time and 2 days processing time in Sweden, we ask that you allow 7-10 days to get your results.
- You will receive an email notifying you that your results have been posted on-line to your account. Log back in to Red Drop to retrieve your score.
If for any reason you have questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to call En Garde Labs at +1 801-607-5096 or send us an email here.